About This Message Board
It's important to note this is a publicly accessible message board. Please do not to post any personal information unless you feel comfortable doing so. All content on this message board will likely be indexed by search engines. Only registered users may post content to the message board. All posts, images, replies and flagging are monitored by admins and moderators to ensure the best possible experience for all of our users. Please read all of the information below so you are familiar with our community standards.
Registering for the board:
During registration we ask you to choose a username
or alias. Don’t use your real name unless you feel comfortable doing so. The
username or alias cannot contain any special characters or spaces. Something
friendly and fun works best, see Content below.
You may enter your location (optional). Country,
state, island, geo-coordinates, VHF, or call signs work best and tell our
moderators where you are and if you can be reached by radio.
We require your email address in case
you forget your password, to send you an occasional email update and to prevent
duplicate sign ups. We’ll never sell or share your email address.
You should choose a site-specific password
for your account that meets our requirements. Don’t re-use passwords between
sites and don’t use a simple password.
We recommend using your browser’s “save password”
function to store your login information so you do not have to enter it every
time you visit the website.
If you have problems with logging on use the “forgot
password” link on the login page.
Using the board:
Admins: manage moderators; handle admin
requests; issue alerts/messages; send messages to other admins
and moderators. Admins have the same available functions as moderators.
Moderators: handle posts and replies flagged by users;
may remove posts, replies and at times remove a user from the board; send messages to admins and other moderators.
Moderators have the same available functions as a User.
If you'd like to become a moderator please click here.
Users: post new threads; reply to other
posts; flag objectionable content. To become a User you must Register.
User Image: we recommend that you choose
an image for your profile, keep in mind not to post an image that is offensive
in any way, see Content below.
Posts: if a post is flagged our moderators
will review and determine at their sole discretion whether or not to remove
your post. If you upset a moderator by posting previously removed, offensive or
prohibited content your account will be locked and your IP address blocked.
Posts w/ Pictures: if you post a thread
that includes images you must take care not to post anything deemed objectionable or infringing,
see Content below.
Featured Posts: from time to time, as deemed
appropriate by an admin or moderator, we may promote your post as Featured on
the home page if we find it informative or helpful for all users. We may also
lock or disable replies on featured posts.
Replies: when a reply is flagged, and after a
certain number of flags, replies are automatically removed. A moderator may
choose to remove a user from the board if they deem the user abusive or for repeatedly ignoring our standards for Content, see below. An admin or
moderator may also opt to lock or disable replies on posts at their discretion.
Flagging: this feature is available to all registered users and
promotes community moderation by everyone. However, be considerate - don’t flag something just because you may not agree with it.
Flagging was added to help prevent objectionable content from appearing on our board, see Content below.
Content: objectionable, offensive, illegal, sexual or otherwise inappropriate
words and images that violate any laws or standards of decency will be removed,
the user's account locked, and the user’s IP address blocked. This site is run
by admins, moderators and users whose primary goal is to keep our board clean, safe
To report a problem or to contact an Admin, click here.
Terms of Service
By using the message board(s) you agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
All messages are the opinions of the author and are not the views or opinions of Abaco Message Board (“AMB”).
You agree that:
- Use by you of the message boards is entirely at your own risk;
- You are responsible for the content of the messages you post and any consequences that flow from such posting(s);
- AMB will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any postings or for any loss or damages incurred as a result of the use of any information contained in the message boards;
- AMB makes no guarantee or gives warranty of any kind whatsoever (whether express or implied) in relation to your use of the message board(s) or any use by any third parties; and
- AMB shall not be liable for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential, financial or otherwise) arising from the use of (or in connection with) the message board(s).
Subject to the third paragraph of these terms in relation to AMB your sole and exclusive remedy for using the message board(s) and/or any information contained on the same is to stop using the message board(s) and/or any information contained on it/them.
AMB does not guarantee that the use of the message board(s) by you will be uninterrupted, error free, free from any third party interference or that the message board(s) will be free from computer viruses or other malicious software.
It is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
Any information disclosed on the message boards themselves will become public information.
For your own safety you should not disclose personal information such as your email address, home address or telephone number (or any information which would identify you indirectly) on any message board(s).
You further agree not to do any of the following:
- Post any information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, profane, obscene, may cause personal distress, offensive, defamatory, false, libelous, hateful, racially, sexually or otherwise discriminatory or post any information that is otherwise (in the absolute discretion of AMB) objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your association with a person or entity;
- Promote or endorse any business or commercial goods, products or publications (including other websites);
- Post any information that may be invasive of another’s privacy or violate the rights of any other member, or of any third party in any way;
- Post inflammatory messages;
- Post any content that infringes any patent, trademark or copyright of any party unless you have the permission to do so;
- Use the boards to encourage illegal and/or inappropriate behavior, to form or recruit members for distinct groups whose aims are to cause disruption, or to encourage others to do so;
- Use the boards to promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- Post any information that would be in breach of a court order from a court of competent jurisdiction;
- Post any information that is confidential and/or commercially sensitive;
- Post any URLs or web links (to avoid doubt, AMB takes no responsibility for the content of any external URL or web link if posted in contravention of these Terms);
- Post the names of any individual (or identify any individual by any other means) in relation to (or in connection with) criminal accusations and/or any current criminal proceedings.
- Spoil, spam, impersonate or engage in activity or behavior which AMB regard as objectionable and/or inappropriate.
If you are offended by a post or topic please alert a moderator or staff member by sending a personal message or e-mail. Please do not use this facility if you simply disagree with what has been posted; if this is the case post a reply stating your opposing opinion. When doing so do not make any personal attacks. If you disagree with another member of the boards or with a situation, state your case without attacking or insulting others, and treat others with respect.
Abaco Message Board admins and moderators reserve the right to:
- Modify the message boards from time to time, with or without notice, including the right to terminate the message board and all (or any of) its messages for any reason;
- Determine (in its absolute discretion) if any message or discussion is in violation of these Terms, and edit or remove any content that it considers does so;
- Prohibit and/or ban the posting of messages by any member at any time if they should violate these Terms, or for any other reasonable cause.
The message boards will be subject to some form of moderation to ensure that all users are protected; this is not in place to stifle free expression but exists to ensure that the boards offer a safe environment that does not (amongst other things):
- Cause offense;
- Cause legal problems;
- Or endanger personal safety.
Messages posted by a moderator or staff member will appear next to their profile picture – these messages will convey important information for all users; please pay attention to these postings.
Message Board Membership
In order to participate in the message boards you will need to be logged in and so will require a username and password; you can acquire these details by registering for an account. Any misuse of the boards or violation of these terms will result in your user account being suspended.
These Terms are governed by law and you and AMB submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the US courts.
The failure or delay of AMB to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive AMB’s right to enforce that right.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of the United States, then to the extent permitted such illegal, invalid or unenforceable term (s) shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.